3/13/2004

MONEY MONEY MONEY

well yesterday I was to go with my friend ganesh to BIST (bHARATH INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ) for attending a eee symposium , but since we didnt get confirmation that the event was on ...from pras , we decided not to go ....but somehow pras confirmed it thru his juniors and he went to BIST by their college bus .....i had some work and decided to go a little late .........reaching there at 11 am ..........dozed my way thru , hoping pras would win cash at the paper presentation event , but HO NA SAKA ...then we wrote the quiz prelims and after a sumptous lunch decided to wait for the quiz results and suprisingly we had qualified .......

THE quiz finals were all the more interesting as we gave(rather I) lots of answers and were placed 2nd a few points away from the team that won it .

As i walked down the podium , after the quiz was over ........I was waiting for the cash of 1000 bucks (as announced by their poster ).............but got the shock of my life when they said they have no prize for SECOND position, well and the guys who came first , actually got no cash,but a 250 bucks gift voucher at some local optical shop ...............................

I got terribly angry , at this , but there's nothing I can do to get the cash.....
Then a question occured to me , am I into quizzing for fame or money ..............and suprisingly after some reflection ...........i heard my hert say money.........money ..........and only money....

well initially I was sad , as to why i thought that way , but soon consoled my self saying , I've won enough quizzes,PP,adzaps.......etc etc to have 3 pages of my resume filled with symposium details .........this extra mention ......seriously is not going to add that much value..............and beyond one stage , I realize that it's just the lure of cash that makes me attend these events as I realize that I can leverage my talents into something practical .........and ....thats about it ............

so no guilty or hard feelings ...............

No comments:

Statcounter Tracker