9/12/2008

Zindagi Train Hain, Waqt ke track pe!

A few minutes back, as I boarded the train from Bandra to Lower Parel, I was listening to the audio track "Zindagi Train Hain, Waqt ke track pe " from the movie "The TRAIN" on my mobile, and with each passing station in Matunga,Mahim,Dadar and Elphinstone Road I felt as life was passing away like the Mumbai Western Line. Suddenly with the over cast clouds and wind in the air, as it swept across the western line, I asked myself, why is that central element of contentment missing in life. The anxiety increased with each passing station. It was like each station was a junction in life asking me to get down and do something, and I was mutely travelling in the train. Each station seemed to say, you may not be cushily travelling, but there's a lot that you can do to be content in life. I have never felt this lump feeling as the stations passed by and the song playing on my earphones reinforced the thought even more.

As I got down from the station amidst the industrial revolution of masses getting down and walking at neckbreak speed from the platform to catch the taxi to work, I asked myself what were the things that could make me happy, or in Management Lingo, what was Brand Kartik standing for?

1) Being somebody who just had holiday trips like that on impulse
2) Somebody who could find some amazing places on earth and be fortunate to have holidayed there.
3) Somebody who does something as an alum of school, engg, and b school
4) Somebody who got lost in an amazon jungle, and lived the life of a robinson crusoe. Tired of watching re runs of Jurassic Park and Anaconda, time to live moments like that.
5) Somebody who keep in touch and meet up regularly with the circle of close friends, irrespective of geographical distance.
6) Somebody who could just talk at length about cricket and analyse it with an intelligent bunch of folks.
7) Somebody who never had to dance according to falsity of the people in the corporate jungle.
8) Somebody who could attend music fests on impulse
9) Thinking...........................................................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... KK,

Gr8t site !!

It's like an autobiography of your life...Letme tell you that i have never did blogging ever but their is always a first time.

As you have said that life is like a train and with good and bitter experiences. I think life is more like a dream and everyone wants to see a beautiful dream.


Cheers ..Bhavik

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully described buddy. WEll.. atleast you have a page to let out your frustratons of life. Isnt that good enuff?! And the fact that someone you don't know read and commented. Good luck to you buddy. Keep working on Brand K. Repackage it to a new audience. Maybe that will help. cheers:)Rekha

Kartik Kannan said...

Thanks Bhavik and Rekha for your kind comments. Feels good when some body comments!

Statcounter Tracker