7/01/2004

The 8th quarter results are out of a company called KARTIK INC in the city of MADRAS UNIVERSITY . . Finally I am now a BE .......well even though the current semester (8th ) semester marks were low compared to last time ......I 've had a drop of 10.25% from the 80's club last time .......but suprisingly I havent' reacted in anyway to this minor debacle as I have realized that the ultimate goal of doing BE is to somehow land one's self into a good job rather than pore over lost marks....

I guess this kind of a feeling started it's roots in early february when my symbiosis interview call for MBA came . I hardly cared a damn about preparation for the urrent sem and knowing Madras university's vagaries in correction , the final result is a function of one's luck,neatness and mood of the examiner (other than ur peparation ) .

Well ,the marks this semester being not so high , it's like a small dent to a car , while driving in a F1 race .......but now the dent seems insignificant as long as u drive ur way to the podium spaying chapagne....finishing 2nd or 3rd ........the 80+ 85+ schumachers are always there........but nothing bad in being a barrichello,montoya or ralf..........(hey that's only as far as my engineering is concerned ) ...

I have got my interview call from POLARIS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS after waiting a month for their results..I also plan to attend the fresher 2004 batch test at ORACLE this sunday.......well I guess writing an oracle test ........has become a hobby for me .....as this wud be test no 3 .....at oracle in a months span

Kishore,achut,prasanna,hari,ananth and anand are writing ORACLE this sunday too and lets hope at least one of us lands up with a job offer at ORACLE bangalore. The pay packet is excellent at Oracle , these guys pay freshers 33k .....compared to the 15-16 k paid by most companies......

Hey.......but who's complaining about the money.......it's only experience that we need before we start to get a foothold in the IT industry........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karthik!

Glad you had ur results, though not much satisfying and as you said, no sweat. I'm Alex and a fresher too, from Anna Univ. I'm an MSc graduate. Would you be able to help me out with job openings and offers. please

Kartik Kannan said...

hi alex.......to know about the fresher openings u better register urself at CHETANA-JOBS@yahoogroups.com and any of these jobsites like naukri,jobsahead and monster.

Chetana groups is the main source of fresher recruitments for me....coming up this weekend in b'lore is a fresher recruitment at ORACLE TECHNOLOGY PARK,bangalore for the 2004 batch.if u wanna know more details just gimme a buzz at 32695453.

bye

Statcounter Tracker