10/11/2004

OF FRIENDS AND RELATIONSHIPS


I have always respected the maxim”It’s tougher to maintain a particular thing ,than the toughness in getting there or getting it” .Friendship is something like that.It may take years or minutes to find a friend ,but very difficult to maintain relationships over a period of time,and what is more appalling is the attitude of people in general to lose touch wioth old friends.As far as I am concerned a person with whom One might have spoken for more than an hour or two is a friend for life,even if not a close friend.

I have tried my best to still be in touch with my friends since school and college and It’s a little disheartening when I see a few of them totally having forgotten that they were once friends.People treat friendship as a one-night stand these days and that is really bad.

I somehow feel very emotional that I am leaving away my set of friends in Chennai and moving over to a new place in search of work.It’s a new experience and new set of friends to be with …….but it’s not about getting new friends,but the fact that one has to maintain his contacts . Some how it’s really sad to see some of my classmates who behave as they are really busy after having been employed. I agree that employment does restrict one’s time , but certainly not to the extent that he/she forgets his friends.People don’t seem to realize that a solitary email/sms might really gladden their friend and at least keep in touch.

5 days to go before I join INFY and I am getting nostalgic about college life.I never seemed to enjoy all that when I was in college,as I felt that all I did was to vegetate there and was wasting my time listening to morons who come and lecture us . One such huge moron was my HOD Mr Veeramalai ,who was the root cause to me hating the very mention of college.He is one guy , whom of all the person’s I miss today because I realize that I have no one to have verbal duels and fights with.He with his highly ridiculous behaviour against me ,was solely responsible for developing my aggressive attitude at times.Anyways this is the softest compliment that I can pay that idiot …..

So getting back to the core of this article,I request all of you still be in touch with every one of your friends….(hey that includes me …too .)

1 comment:

Kishore said...

hey..that refers to arry i guess... but beware ! he might call u anytime after seeing ur blog...

Statcounter Tracker