12/26/2004

LIFE IN THE STONE AGE ..........

I am learning what life is at infy.......bangalore initially was great fun ......keeping in view MG Road and brigade road.........and the weather........but nothing comes close to chennai .....I am just waiting to get back home.........as I dont have a house to live in here....just keeping my luggage in my friends, 10th century single room lodging , near office close by at electronics city.I had to shift from my previous place at BTM layout as the previous house i was staying was too expensive and was only for a period of 2 months from oct 22.....and life here at Infy is extending a little bit into 2005 ...so I am sleeping and having bath in office .


the place where i have kept my baggage reminds me of avadi where my college was and some classmates stayed there........with ditches running over and small houses networking into much smaller ones....having a near fuse tubelight...just having enough light to inspire maniratnam to start a movie . the houses here seem to have cleaned and swept ages back...and the bathrooms and toilets are having cobwebs .......and yuck...........cant talk further...and shops ...the ever ubiquitous tea shop or "potti" kadai...that is on the route from my friend's place to infy.....Inside these houses 6-7 people stay ,with clothes and unwashed socks strewn about the place lending a dirty smell where puking would be an understatement. Some guys in the adjacent room make their room with a heavenly touch as their room is filled in cigarette smoke as they unmindfully keep playing cards

..oh......I really miss the comfort of home ...all i have to talk to are the matrix like cobol screen which hardly seems to reply back to me as it cant understand my language and keeps saying "mac cc error " .......I am fed up and ...........slowly am gathering the pieces to make life better once again ..........

But life is slowly looking up with some great company at nights and wee hours ........all studying for the exam on 30th ....




1 comment:

Siggy said...

Hi Karthik,

Stumbled on to your blog from Krithika's... Awesome Blog... Cool Stuff!!! I am Siggy From Chennai...
Check out my blog for more info about me...
http://qrious85.blogspot.com
Luv
Siggy

Statcounter Tracker