2/21/2005

T R I P L I C A N E D


Last evening My friends and I assembled at our headquarters...(TRIPLICANE, achut's place ) for the birthday bash.This guy amongst our group had finished 22 years of his life (as of today) and we all decided to go out for dinner.The birthday boy chose to dine at eden , a restaurant in besant nagar and our group of 10 assembled there.Throughout the dinner we had fun,more so with "peter"santosh ..and "prakash" Hari ....playing the jesters.We gobbled up fingerchips,Butter Nan's,Peshawri Nan's,4 different kinds of fried rice,pasta and 6 varieties of ice creams. This was one of the most enjoyable birthday parties I have attended,and more so because of the number of friends turning up.A majority of the gang member's hail from Triplicane , which a 100 years back ...was where chennai city started and ended.Triplicane still maintains the olden days charm of the last century and ideally resembles the visionary city of R.K.Narayan's Malgudi.The triplicane gang 7 in number apart from myself,kishore and vinush....have been friends for years now and it was a major coincidence that a majority of them got into the same college (my college) and the colleges near mine.These guys studied from childhood in the same school(hindu senior in triplicane ) and have a great sense of togetherliness in whatever they do , even if their thoughts are a little too triplicanist.... in nature... I know them ,more so for the past 5 years only...but they are indeed a part of my inner coterie of friends.

Well if u are wondering who the birthday boy was...........IT IS ME ........YES....as fate would have it I was born on this day, the 21st of february 1983 ,22 summers ago..14 summers short of bryan adam's "summer of 69 " :-)

7 comments:

Kiruba Shankar said...

hey Kartik, belated birthday wishes. Hope you guys had a blast.

Twin-Gemini said...

Hi Kartik

Belated Birthday Wishes! I studied at the same school till my 5th std., then moved onto its branch in Adyar. So how did Santhosh get his nickname? It will help the next time I talk to my cousin :-)

Mahamaya said...

Hi Katchu,

Happy Birthday.

I have affixed the late fee stamp!

Howz life at Bangalore!

Besh-besh and bash-bash?!

S.K

http://blog.cyberbrahma.com/

(re-jigged!)

Sriks said...

"hail from Triplicane , which a 100 years back ...was where
chennai city started and ended"
good One :)
just came via lazygeek's blog.
very interesting read. I wish I could get back my T.nagar days :)

Anonymous said...

Hi twin gemini...santosh tried using fancy english language,with a funny accent and thats why he gets his name as "peter" santosh

Kartik Kannan

Kishore said...

indeed it was real fun at EDEN..... Hope u had a wonderful b'day

Twin-Gemini said...

Oh and by the way, thats my cousin you are talking about...you better be careful :-)

Statcounter Tracker