11/06/2004

nemma uru benguuluru

That seems to be the popular phrase here on radio city 91 FM here in Bangalore.I have no choice but to adopt this tagline till the 15th of december ,supposedly when my training gets over here.I have been put on to the MAINFRAMES stream as my specific stream,which would start on november 16th, soon after the diwali holidays. Our generic course training is nearing an end on wenesday the 10th with the mega credit test of RDBMS which i believe is slightly tough.

This morning I had been to a coroprate quiz called equinox which had a series of quizzes ...the music quiz,geography quiz,sports quiz,general quiz,IT quiz....etc.. Seeing the poster at my canteen in infy i thought this was going to be a really good quiz with all kinds of lighting and sounds as is every quiz in chennai (namely oddyssey quiz,landmark ,ET and so on ), but this turned out to be a case of sour grapes as the no of teams that turned up were very less and each team had to fork out 1000 bucks to particpate in the team. I had no idea How Infy selects the candidates for these quizzes as the company pays the money generally,but they happened to pay teh money for 2 teams who had been selected from a prelims that had been held in our auditorium just a few days back,which I obviously missed :-(

I somehow found that the quiz totally lacked enthu as there was no music to suggest that something was going on in the auditorium. there were 8 and 9 teams respectively for the music and geography quiz ,but the sports and general quizzes had a little more ,close to around 15 teams out of which 6 make it to the finals.

If one happens to be a seasoned quizzer then its really a means of some easy money as the quizzes arent that mentally draining like the open quizzes in chennai,which attract quite a crowd.


Any way a bigger quizzing treat is on the cards tommorow with the biz quiz at IIM B with dear old DEREK O BRIEN donning the quizmaster's robes.


The weather seems really great at bangalore,but one irritating fact is that the damn clothes dont dry earlier than three days..........so much in contrast to my singara chennai,I'm fully with the maxim "THE GRASS ON THE OTHER SIDE SEEMS GREENER" with respect to the the fact that I miss chennai when i am in bangalore and i feel bangalore would be so much better whn the scorching chennai sun burns me.

other than that ,life's still chugging on......on a so called weekends wchich i prefer spending in my INFY campus rather than being at my accomadation.I 've got bored of going out shoppping,so haven't really had that interest to explore the city. I some how find it suprising that quite a lot of people are present in the labs today , because we have our big comprehensive test coming up on wednesday and i am looking forward to it and the journey back to chennai that evening (on the 10th) .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many times will you explore the city.. uh ? We 've almost visited b'lore 4 to 5 times in the process of writing tests....

kishore

Kannappan said...

Hey Karthik,
U seem to be a quiz enthusiast. Check out this grp just in case u dint know it already.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quiznet/

There is another group run by the Karnataka Quiz Association. KQA. Updates on the upcoming Quiz events will be put in here.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/kqanews/

My $0.02

Statcounter Tracker